Maisie's Pet Portrait Session

Maisie's Pet Portrait Session

As you may already know, my photography is mainly revolved around capturing beautiful moments and emotions between families, friends, and couples. I cover Weddings, Christenings, family portraits, and many other celebrations. Lately, I have decided I want to include pet photography in my portrait packages. I am an animal lover and as the owner of the cutest kitty in the World, I know that they are a big part of the family, too. My on-location pet shoot package is an hour long session which includes up to 20 high-quality images so clients can get them printed as large as they'd like. 20% of the price will be donated to an animal charity of the clients choice. 

I have got in touch with animal rehoming charity Blue Cross and have volunteered to take photos of the animals that need new homes. Blue Cross have confirmed that professional images increase the animals chances of finding a home. Hopefully my photos will help them out! If you are thinking about bringing an animal into your life, I'd consider adopting one from a shelter as they are in desperate need of your love!

Last weekend I had the pleasure of photographing this adorable and very playful pup, Maisie. Look how cute her little face is! We spent an hour by the river just before sunset to get a great variety of portrait shots. Sunset is the perfect time to photograph anything and everything and within the photography World is referred to as the 'golden hour'. There is just enough light entering the camera to perfect the shot, and I love the subtle orange glow effect it gives the image. Maisie was very energetic and didn't want to sit still for long so I had to keep my shutter speed on a quick setting as to not get blurry images. I kept the aperture setting between 1.4-4 for most of the photos so I could create a sharp look with only Maisie in focus. For some of the photos I focused on details of her face, such as her eyes or her fur. I absolutely love capturing the finer details of my subjects.   

Maisie


























If you have your own fluffy friend you'd like to have professionally photographed, get in touch! I cover areas in London, Kent, and Surrey. For more info visit www.photosfromsophie.co.uk or enquire at info@photosfromsophie.co.uk.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pre-travel Photography

Shannon & Joe's Engagement Shoot | Bournemouth